26/11/2019 – 27/11/2019
Pullman Hanoi Hotel
Micronutrient fortification of food has long been used as an effective approach to address malnutrition in vulnerable populations with a notable degree of global success. While there has been increased commitment towards fortification interventions in Southeast Asia over the last few decades, effective implementation and long-term sustainability of these fortification programs are often hampered by technical, regulatory and economic challenges.
As Southeast Asia continues to evolve in the dynamic landscape of double burden of malnutrition, it is imperative to review the role and strategies of food fortification to ensure effective progress towards reducing or eliminating micronutrient deficiencies.
This 1.5-day seminar aims to:
• Provide the latest updates on micronutrient intake and deficiency, and regulatory status of fortification in Southeast Asia
• Provide guidance on building and translating data for evidence-based program and decision making
• Discuss the effectiveness of food fortification in eliminating micronutrient deficiencies in Southeast Asia
• Share SEA country experiences and industry perspective on delivering effective quality and compliance of fortified foods
• Identify key issues and strategies to overcome fortification barriers
• Highlight critical factors and important considerations in program design and implementation in food fortification
The flyer is available HERE.
The program is available HERE.
Registration is OPEN now! Please click HERE to register.
ILSI Southeast Asia Region
ILSI Southeast Asia Region Vietnam Country Committee
Dr. Regina Moench-Pfanner
Founder and CEO
SESSION 1: ISSUES AND STRATEGIES OF FORTIFICATION
Mr. Geoffry Smith
ILSI SEA Region
Assoc. Prof. Pattanee Winichagoon
Ms. Dora Panagides
Food Fortification Advisory Services
Mr. Steve Orr
SESSION 2: REGULATIONS OF FORTIFICATION
Ms. Bui Hoang Anh
Regulatory Affairs and Inspection Division
Vietnam Food Administration
Ms. Pauline Chan
ILSI SEA Region
SESSION 3: EXPERIENCES AND PERSPECTIVE OF FORTIFICATION
Stay tuned for more updates
SESSION 4: CASE STUDIES ON MICRONUTRIENT FORTIFICATION
Dr. Fabian Rohner
International Nutrition and Public Health Specialist
Prof. Visith Chavasit
Dr. Kyly Whitfield
Mount Saint Vincent University
Dr. Yukiko Nakanishi
ILSI Japan CHP